Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

What Are You Doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?

Well, if you are me, you are sitting in bed in your comfiest pajamas, sipping a cup of rewarmed coffee and hoping that your eyelids will stay open for the next two and a half hours so that you just might witness the first few minutes of 2012. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?

I realize that it would be far more exciting to report that we were out painting the town, but alas this is our life.  And not just our "Life After Kids".  You see, the hubby and I have spent every New Year's Eve together since 1998, and I cannot remember a single one that we have spent out and about. I would be willing to bet that The Hubby has had to work at least half of those evenings (including tonight).  And the other half?  Well, I guess we just opted to stay home.  Oh wait, there was that one year when I was pregnant with The Reporter.  I rang in 2005 in the Emergency Room with some, um, intestinal distress.  That was living it up.  Let me tell ya. . .

So as the rest of the world is welcoming in 2012 amidst noise and haste, I am sitting here listening to the sounds of children (and a dog) snoring.

And I wouldn't have it any other way. . .

As soon as the hubby signs off, he will join me and we will pop open the bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge and usher in the new year and all it has to offer.


So long 2011. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment