Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Finds--FALLing in Love with Breakfast


I am a breakfast girl.  Breakfast for dinner, Breakfast for lunch, breakfast for snack, breakfast for breakfast. . . you name it, I like it! Eggs, bacon, pancakes, grits, waffles—breakfast just feels like comfort food to me.  But truth be told, I eat the same breakfast. 

Every.
Single. 
Day.  

Yep.  Every day, same breakfast: oatmeal (sometimes steel cut just to mix it up) topped with flax seed, chia seed and wheat germ.  To pretend that I am adding variety, I change up my toppings, but the standard fare is sliced bananas or dried cranberries, chopped walnuts and a sprinkle (ok a heaping spoonful) of demera or brown sugar. 

Until October. 

In October, something magical happens:



Trader Joes begins to stock pumpkin butter.  (Among other delicious Fall treats!) When it hits the shelves, I try to stock up so I can enjoy  the delicious creaminess of pumpkin butter in my morning bowl of warmth and fiber. 

 Since my morning meal during the week (and most weekends) is so um, similar, each day, we like to mix it up around here on lazy weekend mornings (not that we have a ton of those, but hey it sounds good).  Every few weeks during the Fall, we try out new recipes and visit old favorites that feature the smells and tastes of the season.  This year, thanks to Pinterest, I have found lots of new yumminess to experiment with! So here you have it. . . 5 Friday FALL Breakfast finds to tempt your tastebuds!!!  Enjoy!



Multigrain Pumpkin Doughnuts with spiced Sugar



If you make these, please let me know how they are!
They break most of my food rules, but they look absolutely heavenly!!

Pull-apart cinnamon pumpkin bread

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls


Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup!





No comments:

Post a Comment