Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Hydrate Early and Often (A Product Review and Discount Code)

"Hydrate Early and Often".  . .  this is a phrase you hear often in endurance sports, and for good reason.  Our bodies depend on water to keep us running (or riding, or swimming, or zumba-ing), and without it we can land in a heap of trouble.  Without proper hydration and electrolyte balance you can experience fatigue and less energy, reduced mental focus, muscle camping, and decreased endurance.

However, until a few years ago, I paid no attention to fueling for workouts.  I thought that if I had a little water along the way on a long run, or a sports drink at the end of a ride, I was doing the right thing.  In fact, when I completed my first Olympic distance triathlon, I fueled with water, an orange, and a couple of Fig Newtons.  No wonder I fizzled during the second half of the race and felt awful afterwards.  I saw exercise as a means to BURN calories, so why in the world would I want to CONSUME calories during my workout?

As my training became more focused and my knowledge about what my body needed grew, I began to try different fueling options: gels, gu, chomps, bites, beans, powdered drinks, tablets.  And while I didn't have GI issues with any of them (oh, well, maybe there was this one product that sent me straight to the port-a-potty), I didn't exactly LOVE any of them either, and I had no brand loyalty.  In fact, I would just use whatever was lying around the house--casts offs that the hubby had tried and didn't care for, race samples, hand-outs from friends--or whatever was on the race course.  Luckily, I never had major issues with switching things around, but I still wanted to find something that I really LIKED drinking and eating.

First Rule of Hydration:  ALWAYS stop for Lemonade Stands!


A few months ago, I had the opportunity to sample a new product that had just hit the market.  After a few workouts, I wrote the company to let them know how pleased I was with the taste and inquired about purchasing more of their product.  They replied quickly and asked me to join their team as an ambassador for their product! 
                                                       

Cocogo combines the hydration of coconut water with the taste of freeze dried fruit and natural sugar while providing a balanced blend of electrolytes and seven essential vitamins.  The taste is light, refreshing and natural, as compared to other products I have tried that are either too sweet, too syrupy, too gritty or too artificial.  Each serving is measured out in a convenient little pouch, allowing you to adjust the intensity by adding additional pouches for flavor or longer, harder workouts, and it mixes beautifully with no gritty sediment waiting at the bottom of the bottle when you finish your workout!

 


Cocogo comes in three flavors: Grape, Lemon-Lime and Raspberry Passion Fruit, and honestly I love them all!  I was skeptical when I tried the Raspberry Passion fruit, as I am not a Raspberry fan at all, but it is a perfect blend of flavors!  I often mix Grape and Lemon-Lime for long workouts to intensify the flavor and the hydrating benefits, while sipping on "Grape-Limeade"!!  Not only do I use these myself, but I feel good about my active kiddos using Cocogo as a drink mix on hot days or after swim team workouts. 

Want to try it out yourself?  Well, you are in luck!  Cocogo has just launched their NEW website and is offering FREE SHIPPING for this week only! 
 
http://www.cocogo.com/index.html#
 
And to save even more, use this discount code (ELEVENTHAL) to get an additional 40% off your order anytime!
 
If you are already using Cocogo, now is a great time to stock up and take advantage of FREE shipping!  Get an extra box for the car and the gym so you are never without hydration!
 
 
Note: The opinions in this post are mine and I am not compensated for my review of this product.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment