Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday Finds!--Taking it Back to the Old School!

It's the most wonderful time of the year, right? Well, if you are a school supply junkie like me, then yes!  The smell of new crayons, the feel of a brand new pencil in hand, the possibilities in front of me when I open a yet-to-be-filled composition book. . . .I'm such a nerd!

This week, teachers in our area returned to work to set-up classrooms and prepare to meet a new group of students to guide through a year of "love, laughter and learning" (my school's motto).  As teachers, some of us are reluctant to give up our freedom of summer and return to the long days of teaching, meetings, meetings and more meetings.  Ultimately, though, we are returning to what we love--children who are hungry for learning.  These children will return next week with enthusiasm (we hope) and excitement about a new school year!

Today's Five Friday Finds encourage just that--excitement about a new school year and the promise of new possibilities.  I have found 5 ideas to help you celebrate the start of a new school year.  Whether you are a teacher, parent, or friend of a student, check these out for some inspiration!  I know they inspired me! What's more? Many of the websites links take you to a whole host of ideas for school and many of them contain FREE printables!!  Woo hoo--every teacher's favorite word!




These will be featured in The Reporter's FIRST GRADE (!!) classroom as a welcome back snack!!
link



What could be better than a new calculator?!

link



I love a note in the lunchbox and this one serves as a sandwich wrap!
link


Free printables, here and some great ideas for how to use them!
link


Midafternoon sugar-rush anyone?
link

Not only should you celebrate your favorite kiddo, but teachers like "Welcome Back" gifts, too!  I have something special in the works for The Reporter's new classroom teachers. . . stay tuned!

Happy Weekending!



No comments:

Post a Comment