Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back to the Grind

Isn't funny how quickly our bodies adjust to a new schedule?  I've been back at work a little over 3 weeks and here I sit on a Sunday morning at 5:30 am--wide awake.  Same thing happened yesterday.  Back to "school time", I guess.

So what is a  busy, working mama to do when she is up at 5:30 am on the weekend?  Why download pictures and update this poor neglected blog, of course!  I am a bit embarrassed about my length of time between posts here lately--no Friday Finds, neglecting to post "first day of School" photos in a timely fashion.  I have oodles of finished project pics and ideas to post, but just haven't gotten around to doing it.  You see, when I started this blog, the school year was winding down.  And although that is still a busy time for someone in my position (SLPs ALWAYS have some sort of paperwork to complete ASAP), I carved out time to blog a little.  Then summer came and evenings and nap time were devoted to blogging.  Now that work has cranked back up, time is just slipping away.  The hubby's work schedule has been a little nutty which has left me with "mommy and daddy duties" lately--add in the responsibilities of packing lunches, helping to pick out clothes for a first grader, monitoring homework, and listening to a budding reader--and you quickly understand why it is "lights out" for everyone around here (myself included!) by 9pm which results in a neglected blog.

I'm not giving up on this blogging thing, though. . . my posts just may be more infrequent for a while until we get into the groove of the school year. . .


Speaking of the school year--Did I mention that The Reporter started FIRST GRADE?!?!?!

Bag packed and ready to go!


We decided to volunteer for "First Day, First Grade Snack"!  I took this idea I shared on Friday Finds and ended up with this:

Super cute and easy!


After all our crafting this summer, we had "Welcome Back" Teacher gifts to share!
The link for the project is here. Quick, fun and totally inexpensive!



Once we were all packed up and ready for school, we quickly snapped a few photos on the front walk, as we do each school year. . .

And she's off!



Wow!  I have downloaded pictures, written a blog post, and it is only 6:15! 

I love productivity! 

Whatever shall I do now?!  

Yes.  Coffee.  

And knitting, perhaps?  

Happy Sunday!





No comments:

Post a Comment