Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Finds--Falling in Love with Fall!

Wow!!  No time, no blog, huh?  Yep.  School has started back with a bang and every extra minute in my day is devoted to homework, meal prep and trying to keep the house in some sort of order (although I am failing terribly at that last one!)  But today starts a new season, both literally and figuratively.

Today marks the first day of Fall, my favorite season of the year.  There is NOTHING I don't love about Fall (don't YOU love that double negative?)--the sights, the sounds, the smells, the decor, the clothes, and oh, the food.  Yes, I love Fall food. I live for Fall food--the warm creaminess of a soup on a cold cloudy day, a hot pear crisp right out of my (toaster) oven, the richness of pumpkin muffins slathered in (vegan) butter--come to mama!!

The hubby and I had decided to usher in Fall by taking the day off and making a trip westward to the mountains to engage in a day of ziplining through the trees.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans to ring in the new season with a downpour of rain and a cool, cloudy sky.  Choosing not to get soaked to the bone today, and having already logged my absence, I decided to take advantage of a day at home to have an at-home date day and purge the house of summer, deep clean the dog hairs away and bring out the Fall decorations! I am ringing in this new season by resolving to maintain order in this house in our otherwise crazy lives!

 Lately I have had my computer open to Pinterest when I am at home all day and I have amassed quite a collection of Fall decorating ideas!  I am planning a little sewing, painting and maybe cutting over the next few days so that I can enjoy my Autumn Sanctuary each time I enter my home.  Here are a five Fall decorating  ideas that I am entertaining for my own decorating. . .

This banner is available on etsy.com,
but I am thinking it would be fun to make with the Reporter and I LOVE burlap!


http://mattjessicapope.blogspot.com/2011/09/krylon-glitter-blast-halloween-pillows.html
THIS is a MUST-DO for my front porch (I am planning a total re-do of the color scheme this weekend, thanks to help from my Aunt's artsy ideas!).  I pinned this on Sunday night and it has already been repinned over 25 times--you might be seeing this on lots of porches this season!

image from google.com

LOVE this wreath idea because it includes two of my favorite things--buntings and yarn!  I may use this as inspiration for my own spin on it!


http://pinterest.com/pin/178999972/
My huge mantle is just begging for some attention and in my dark living room, I think these lights might just be the answer!

http://www.thediaryofdaveswife.com/2010/10/broom-parking-free-printable.html
This is a FREE printable that I might just have to frame and hang by the back door! Or could I find a way to put it on a doormat?  hmmmm. . . .

I'm off to complete the housecleaning before the kiddos make it home and then it is "hello" to a busy weekend complete with a sleepover with 2 giggly girls!

Stay tuned for more Friday FALL Finds over the next few weeks, as well as more postings from yours truly.  



Happy First Weekend of Fall, Ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment