Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Hidden Treasure!

Our Father's Day started with two cuddly kiddos itching for Daddy to wake from his slumber.  Unfortunately, night shift is upon us, so they had to wait extra long to smother daddy with hugs, kisses and giggles.  While we waited for Daddy to wake, we prepared a yummy brunch!

The Reporter mixed up some Monkey Bread Mix. . .
(Thanks to an end of the year Teacher gift!)
I cooked up some fresh Sausage from our Friends at Quarter Creek Farm!
While the coffee was brewing and the monkey bread was rising, the Reporter snuck off and made a Father's Day gift of her own!  Be still my heart!

"Best Dad Award: Riding Speedy (our tractor/lawnmower) and watching TV"


Soon, Daddy was up, so we were able to shower him with kisses, a homemade card and a new popcorn popper! We made the card yesterday, along with one for my dad.  The inspiration came from here.

"We love you" is my dad's card (grandandy)
"We think U R" is the hubby's
We Love you. . . .

We think U R. . . .



After brunch, I got a crazy idea to explore more in our "old" house by pulling up the corner of the carpet in The Little Guy's room. . .
Yuck! Carpet!
And found this. . .
Our Hidden Treasure!!

We worked for a couple of hours--my poor hubby working hard on Father's day!--pulling up staples, rolling up carpet, vacuuming up dust, and mopping.  Just a few hours later, and. . .
We had this!  I found this rug on clearance at Lowe's last week and sent the hubby to get it before we left for the beach with plans to pull up the carpet at some point this summer! I am so pleased with the result.  Sure, the floors could use a little sanding, staining and a coat of sealer, but for now, they are lovely! I have already been pulling up carpet corners in other rooms and have spied some more hidden treasures--stay tuned!

After all that hard work, the hubby deserved a yummy treat. . . Ginger-Peach Crisp!  Yum!

 
This "healthy" dessert, baked in individual ramekins, includes flax seed, wheat germ, fresh organic peaches, Earth Balance butter, oats, Anna's ginger thins and whole wheat flour.  Topped with Coconut milk ice cream and it is an almost-vegan delight! I just hope I can remember how I made it so we can recreate it tomorrow night!

All in all, a fun-filled Father's Day to celebrate one of the best Dads around!!  










2 comments: