Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

He's Back in Town. . .

At least until Christmas Eve!

Last weekend, we had a little night visitor!  Frank, our Elf on the Shelf, stopped in to leave a little holiday cheer and remind The Reporter that he would soon be returning to reside with us and keep tabs on her behavior.  Since last weekend, she has woken up every morning with the same question, "Is he back?!"  Each morning, I told her that I had not yet seen Frank around the house, but I was sure that he would return soon enough.  Meanwhile, I was planning a BIG surprise for his return!

I was inspired by this blog a few weeks ago and started planning immediately.  This creative mom planned a "North Pole Breakfast" to welcome her elf back to their home.  Complete with Christmas socks and an elf puppet, she decked the halls and surprised her kids!  As usual, most of MY planning took place in my head, so the day before Frank's big return, I found myself making a mad dash to find Christmas goodies and elf food.  Nevertheless, I think it turned out just perfectly!

Frank supplied "An Elf's Breakfast" complete with more "snowballs" from Mrs. Claus!
 
The Table was set with care and included LOTS of notes for our budding reader!
Check out the Holiday water bottles in the centerpiece!

"Gift bags" included a doodle drawing board and play microphone to keep the Little Guy occupied and  a  seasonal stationary set, holiday tic tacs, and "velvet art" kit for The Reporter!
 (Hint: The dollar bin at many big box stores are full of great Advent and Elf trinkets!)

Frank wrote a letter!

Those smiles were worth all the planning and rushing around!


Frank also left a note for The Reporter telling her to get dressed and pack a "car-bag"--we were going Christmas Tree Hunting!

When I was a little girl, we did most of our Christmas Tree hunting in the Pasture (our backyard) and I can remember helping my daddy haul home the "perfect tree"--usually a cedar tree.  Since moving back "home", I must admit that we have purchased all of our Christmas Trees from a big box retailer.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that (I guess), but this year we decided to start a new tradition.  My parents visited Sunnyside Trees last year and encouraged us to go with them this year, and I am so thankful that we took them up on the offer!

There were multiple fields of trees to roam or run through. . .

The Reporter found the perfect tree for our dining room!

The Hubby Tackled the BIG tree for our living room!
 (We ended up cutting over 2 feet off the bottom--hello, greenery on the mantle!)


I believe we have found a new family tradition!
(Silly girl was COLD!!!)

The only problem with getting a tree this early?  It is sitting right beside my turkeys and pumpkins on the mantle in the living room. . . Oh well, there is always tomorrow, right? 

And speaking of tomorrow, I wonder what Frank will find to get into?

No comments:

Post a Comment