Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hey There Little Red Riding Hood. . .

 Well, Hi there!  Long time, no blog!  I guess that's what happens when you are a full-time working mama to two crazy kiddos, the wife to a hubby that works shifts, and a girl trying to cling to some sort of me-time and identity, huh?

 Honestly, since going back to work, my free time has taken a huge nose dive.  During summer break, I found time to sip a hot cup of coffee and blog before the kids woke from their slumber.  Now, however, mornings are spent rushing around, packing lunches (that should have been packed the night before), choosing outfits (that should have been chosen the night before), and waking grumpy kiddos to dress them, feed them, and whisk them off to their destination of the day.  Then I'm off to work, meetings, and maybe a short workout before we rush back in the door to cook dinner, get baths, and read the "required 20 minutes" before tucking the little loves into bed.  Whew!  It makes me tired just thinking about it!!

Last weekend, we took a break from the craziness to enjoy every kids' favorite Fall holiday--Halloween!  Who doesn't enjoy the chance to play dress-up and eat junk?!  We decked out the house and joined in the fun!

The Reporter had fun with our newest obsession around here. . . .
Skulls and Spiderwebs!

Pumpkin Fun!



















Light Garlands!!  The lights on the left were a Target dollar bin find spruced up the ribbons and bandannas!  The lights on the right belonged to my grandmother and are accented by fabric scraps from my sewing closet!  Such an easy project kids can help with that makes a big impact!


After lots of talk about costumes, The Reporter agreed on a "couple costume" for herself and The Little Guy.  Our original plan was Pebbles and Bam-Bam (oh, so appropriate).  However, the weather took a chilly turn and we had to return to the drawing board for something with a little more coverage!  In true procrastinator fashion, I was sitting at my sewing machine in the eleventh hour putting together costumes. . . and the results were fantastic, if I do say so myself!

Little Red requested a "twirly cape with a round hood, not a pointy one!"





For The Little Guy, we went with comfort and ease!  Who knew that an $8 hoodie would make such a cute wolf suit!  


Hey there Little Red Riding Hood!~!


Oh Grandmother, What big TEETH you have!!!!





The Better to EAT you with, My Dear!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment